Solar Tie Dye with Finding Eminence
Solar Tie Dye Workshop at CH3
Sunday, October 16, 2022
1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Coffee Hound: CH3
915 E. Washington St. | Ste. 15
Bloomington, IL 61701
Enjoy a beverage on Coffee Hound and tie dye two tea towels with natural dye created from orange flowers with Finding Eminence Farm. What is solar tie dying? It’s a natural dye method that uses the power of the sun to make pigment adhere to fabric.
During the workshop you will learn how to fold the fabric to make interesting dying techniques, create the vat, and learn about post-dye fabric care all while enjoying a beverage from the full CH3 menu.
Once the towels are bound and the vat is made, you take the vat home and complete the dying process, which takes about two days in full sun to absorb the most amount of pigment. This is a great beginner class and requires no artistic or crafting experience.
The workshop includes:
- A beverage of your choice from CH3
- ½ gallon glass container to create dye vat
- Two flour sack tea towels (that have been scoured and soaked in mordant. Mordant is a chemical process that allows dye to absorb more evenly, more brightly, and makes the natural dye stick to the fabric better)
- A clamshell packed with orange flower petals to create the dye
- Rubber bands, craft sticks, and twine to complete different binding methods
- Rubber gloves
- Information about post-process care
All sales are final. No refunds are available.